Job Title: Systems Engineer IR Camera SME
Location: Huntsville, AL
Job Date: 07-13-2016
The candidate will work in the Sensors Product Office as a Systems Engineer IR Camera SME supporting the development of the new Advanced Threat Detection System (ATDS) program from requirement development through qualification and open-air flight testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field and 8 years of experience in the defense industry.
- An understanding of IR camera systems and design
- Knowledge of camera detection and tracking capabilities
- Knowledge of image processing for the purposes tracking specific events
- Knowledge of the challenges of applying high resolution high frame rate cameras on Rotary or fixed winged aircraft
- Experience with System Integration Laboratories and open air testing.
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics Life Cycle Management System
- Experience with requirement development, management, and verification
- Knowledge of systems engineering concepts and processes
- Experience with hardware and software development, maturation, and testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, including report writing
- Self-motivated and customer-oriented
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with IR sensor technology
- Experience with PEO IEW&S
- Experience with PMO ASE
- Experience with DoD aviation and avionics systems
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: DoD SECRET clearance is required (with the potential to upgrade to TOP SECRET).
Upload your resume here!